The night has fallen in the great city of New York. The light gives a special atmosphere to what I can see around me. When I arrive to the place she is already there waiting for me. She looks right into my eyes in the same way she always does. Her dark eyes make me freeze as they have always done since I can remember, and I can remember thousands and thousands of years. Her long hair moves in the air while I approach to her. We stand one next to the other looking at each other until she decides to talk.
- You are late, Alex. – She says starting to smile.
- Did you miss me already? – is my answer to what she says. In this moment we break the distance between us and we hug each other. The smell of her hair gets into my nose and it reminds me the sensations I felt so many centuries ago when we lived in the Caeleste City in the lands now known as Egypt.
Like a minute later we finish our hug and we look at each other again.
- What is this place? – I ask. I’ve just arrived to the city, so I don’t know very well what is what in this place. I received a letter from her a couple of weeks ago and I don’t really know how she found me.
- We are in Times Square. This is like the center of the whole occidental culture. – She explains. Even if it is late a lot of people walk through the avenues around us.
- Why did you ask me to come right here? – I want to know.
- You will see soon.